Skip to main content

Enrollment FAQs

How do I know my enrollment form was successfully submitted?

You will receive an automatic confirmation email with a copy of your enrollment form answers. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, please check your spam or junk folders.

What counties do you serve?

Our school serves transitional kindergarten through 12th grade students in portions of Riverside, Orange, San Diego, & San Bernardino Counties. We serve all portions of Riverside County west of, and including, the Coachella Valley* as well as the portions of San Bernardino County that are within 20 miles of our Riverside County service area. *Coachella Valley includes the following cities: Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, and Coachella.

How do I learn more about the programs offered?

You can learn more about our programs, funding, curriculum, or homeschooling with Mission Vista Academy by contacting our Family Liaisons at or call (951) 393-1352 ext. 3220.

What is your Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Policy?

In the 2024–25 school year, a child who will have their fifth birthday between September 2 and June 2 shall be admitted to a transitional kindergarten program maintained by the school district or charter school.

What is your Kindergarten Policy?

Students entering Kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year must be 5-years-old on or before September 1, 2024.

When will an HST (Home School Teacher) contact us?

Your assigned HST will be off for summer break and will return in August to greet and assist you with ordering needs. You can learn more about our programs, funding, curriculum, or homeschooling with Mission Vista Academy by contacting our Family Liaisons at or call (951) 393-1352 ext. 3220.

I missed the deadline for open enrollment. Can I still sign up?

Yes! Interested families can submit a waitlist form for their students. Once students who submitted an open enrollment form are offered spots, we will begin to offer waitlisted families spots on a first come, first served basis.

How are teachers assigned? Can we choose our teacher? What if I do not like the teacher I am assigned to?

Teachers are assigned based on the location of the enrolling students. We try to place families with the closest available Homeschool Teacher (HST). Families are free to request a specific teacher as well. Families can also request an HST with specifications (bilingual, has worked with students with disabilities, has knowledge of a learning/ teaching style, etc.). Although we try our best to accommodate a family’s request, it is not always possible.

How does the funding work? What costs are the planning amounts allowed to cover?

The planning amounts families receive are public funds. These planning amounts can be used to cover the costs of curriculum, approved vendor classes and school related items. Technology costs for the student(s) can be covered as well.

Who can I speak to regarding my SPED student/ getting an IEP/ how SPED services are provided?

If you are a prospective parent and have questions about Special Education, please click here to fill out our inquiry form and the Special Education Team will reach out to you shortly.

Who can I speak to regarding my questions about curriculum?

Your HST will help you with this. You can also reach out to our Family Liaisons at or call (951) 393-1352 ext. 3220.

Can I enroll my student into a higher grade level?

Grade level is determined two ways. The state enrollment record is verified and the student enrolled in the next level or we will refer to our Grade Level Placement Chart according to birthdate. We can not advance or retain a student upon enrollment.

Am I able to retain (hold back) my student when enrolling into the school?

Students can only be retained if their prior school has recommended it. If you feel that your student will not be able to handle the upcoming school year, you can always bring up your concerns to your HST.

Do we need to provide our own laptop/tablet, or will the school provide them?

Please read about our Technology options on our website.

Can my student(s) attend this school and another public or private school?

Students are not allowed to be dual enrolled into two schools; whether it is another public school or a private school. High school students, however, may sign up to take classes at their local community college. Families may discuss this path with their HST or the counselor.

How will my high school student schedule be set up? What support will my student receive in order to pick their classes?

Your HST will use the Transcript provided during registration to work with you to determine a high school graduation plan for your student.

Ed Code § 47605(e)(4) Charter School Notice & Form

Click here to download a copy.